The Top Ten Reasons Why Women Love Shoes so Much "Why do you need so many shoes?," my husband asks me, as he shakes his head and stares at my closet in disbelief. I start to answer him and I realize that it's one of those age old questions that men have been asking women for years. It's up there with "What's inside the women's bathroom?," and "Why do women always want to know what men are thinking?" It's not just my husband, millions of men want to know, "Why do we women need so many shoes? "
The truth is women are in love with shoes. Let me give you the top ten reasons why.
1. Variety - We women simply cannot wear the same shoe every day. We need change. Plus, our shoes need to match our outfits and our outfits need to match our activities and lifestyle. After all, you can't wear open toe sandals if you are going hiking in the canyons now can you? Plus, variety is the spice of life.
2. Style - We want to look good. No, we want to look hot. No, we want to look comfortable. See what I mean? Th bottom line is that we need different styles for different looks.
3. A Good Deal - Women are born shoppers. It is a true talent and no true shopper can turn down a good deal on a pair of shoes. That is why discount shoe stores like DSW or Shoe Pavillion are so popular. No shoe shopper work her salt can resist a pair of Manolo Blahniks marked half-off.
4. Comfort (AKA High Heels vs. Falts) - High heel shoes look great, but let's face it, they can really hurt the tootsies! Most women I know alternate between high heels and flats. You know what that means.. more shoes!
5. Durability - Well made shoes can last a lifetime. This is especially true if you do not wear them every day. As a result of this your shoes build up in your closet. Kinda like plaque on your teeth.
6. Trendy - Unlike that hot pink leather skirt you partied like it's 1999 in, the shoes that you may have worn with it are still in fashion. In fact, Flashdance plastic jelly shoes have made a huge comeback. What a feeling!
7. Stability - As the years come and go, women's clothing size may fluctuate. One year you may be a size 4 and then after a few years of stuffing krispy kreme donuts down your face, you may suddenly be a size 14. But guess what? Your shoe size will stay the same. Chances are if a woman is a size 8 shoe, she will stay a size 8. How great is that?!
8. Options - "Should I wear my 5 inch Marc Jacobs heels today, or my 2 inch Gucci loafers?" It's a woman's fundamental right to be able to make a choice on her own footwear. In order to make those choices, women need (you guessed it) many different shoes.
9. Collections - Some men collect playboy magazines. We women collect shoes. Enough said.
10. Friendship - If diamonds are a girl's best friend than shoes are a woman's best friend. Shoes will always be there for her. They will never shun her or treat her wrong. They will never try to steal her boyfriend or call her fat. They will never let her down. The bottom line is a women needs as many of these friends as she can get.
So there you have it. Now please don't get me started on purses...
Attractively applied eye makeup can make the most of your natural features to bring you second and third admiring glances.
If you would like to experiment with eye makeup, but aren't really sure how, here are a few ideas to help you get started. Remember that the general rule of usage is that makeup should subtly accent, not emphasize, your natural features. You may want to ask a friend to show you how to try these techniques:
1. Try eye lightener. This creamy product can be applied under your facial foundation to lighten the areas around both eyes. It is especially helpful for hiding dark circles or concealing the hollows that sometimes appear around your eyes when you have been ill or haven't been sleeping well. In fact, this product sometimes is called a "concealer." Depending on your complexion and skin tone, the lightener may have a soft violet shade or another hue to coordinate with your natural coloring and diminish dark shadows in your facial structure. 2. Brighten with colorful eye shadow. Use a cream or powder shadow on your eyelids in colors that coordinate with your complexion, eye color, and outfit. Soft, muted tones for daytime wear or smoky hues at night can bring the dullest eyes to life. Try a range of colors from pastels to charcoals on your eyelid and along the brow bone to bring out your best feature. You also can use neutral tones for around the eye or between the lid and brow. Light colors tend to make small eyes look larger. 3. Add eyeliner. Sometimes called an eye pencil or sold in small bottles with brushes that seem to paint on this cosmetic, eyeliner can lengthen and shape your eyebrows, line your eyelids along the lashes to make them appear fuller, and add definition to your eye size and shape. The product comes in several colors, from black to light brown. Avoid using a heavy or very dark shade. Instead, choose a tone that is closest to your own brow and lash colors. When painting on eyeliner, be careful that it doesn't come on too thick and appear unnatural. 4. Match mascara to your eyes. Mascara is a cosmetic that is applied with its own brush and used to lengthen or thicken your eyelashes. Generally it is best to select a color that is close to your natural shade of lashes. Going too dark or too light can make your eyes appear artificial or extreme, which may be right for a party but not necessarily for work. Never use commercial hair dyes to change the color of your eyebrows or eyelashes. To do so may cause serious injury or with some products, blindness. 5. Don't forget the tools. Use tweezers to pluck unwanted hair from around your natural brow line. You can use a hair removal pen instead of tweezers for the tiny hairs that appear below or above your eyebrows, as well as the extra hair that grows between them that can create a unibrow effect if left unchecked. Then try an eyelash curler to train your lashes to stick together and curl upward.
Spending time on your eyes can help to enhance your natural features to bring out the best look for you. Consult a cosmetic specialist for more information.
We search top stores daily so you don't have to.
For personal non-commercial use only; please check stores for current prices and exact amounts. Product specifications are obtained from merchants or third parties. Although we make every effort to present accurate information, Okto is not responsible for inaccuracies. Store ratings and product reviews are submitted by online shoppers; they do not reflect our opinions and we have no responsibility for their content.
As remuneration for time and research involved to provide quality links, we generally use affiliate links when we can. Whenever we link to something not our own, you should assume they are affiliate links or that we benefit in some way.
OKto.com - 4283 Express Lane, SUITE 003-239, Sarasota, FL 34238, p: (941) 538-6941, f: 8154253395, e: support [at] okto.com